Aug 07, 2018Kathie Kalafatis
Kathie Kalafatis, CleanAir Solutions CEO, predicts the medicinal cannabis and e-cigarette markets will open up a new and untapped area of growth for cleanroom companies going forward Read More
Jul 26, 2017Kathie Kalafatis
For those in laboratory design, we are aware that
This standard allows for the chambers to be categorized by restricting particulate count which
What are some different the types of
• Stick: Custom fabricated and integrated place from the sub-contractor, these labs may take on any shape, and be sensitive and flexible to any present conditions.
• Modular: Panels are then assembled together in the field by trained professionals typically from the manufacturer. There are third party companies like Clean Air Solutions who provide this support also.
• Hybrid: These are constructed as a combination of the two aforementioned procedures.
Among the first spaces encountered when entering a cleanroom is the gowning room. This distance (typically of higher classification) enables an employee to change to the right attire for the clean procedure inside.
• Air locks are very similar to ante rooms and are intended for individuals or equipment.
• Pass-through rooms are used for samples moving from one area to another of different classifications. These can be larger for wheeled equipment also.
• Windows are designed in
Cleanrooms for the pharmaceutical sector have a higher cost per square foot, largely because of the use of 316 Stainless Steel for corrosion resistance among other factors. Both methods have a tendency to corrode some metals, making stainless steel a necessity.
Cleanrooms require specialized materials and systems that push up the construction cost, including:
• Cleanroom flooring is often defined as poured in place epoxy or urethane or sheet vinyl with heat-welded seams. These kinds of flooring allow for a constant floor program using an integral cove base.
A less costly solution is epoxy paint.
• CPVC (Chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride) is a sort of plastic panel utilized inside
• Cleanroom ceilings are generally constructed of gypsum wall board or a cleanroom-rated ceiling grid and tile system. These tiles are occasionally made from vinyl-faced gypsum wall board, making them thicker than normal ceiling tiles and need hold-down clips to avoid the exfiltration of air.
• Cleanroom lighting typically includes lensed and sealed fittings. These specialized fixtures are made for wash-down processes and to protect against the exfiltration of air.
• Fan Powered HEPA Filters (high-efficiency particulate arresting) filter are
• Cleanroom furniture is typically made from stainless steel and/or higher grade plastics.
Taken together, all these features
Dec 01, 2016Kathie Kalafatis
A cleanroom is an extremely purified region in which temperature the air quality and humidity are kept under strict management. The atmosphere in the cleanroom is filtered to remove other contaminants and dust particles. Cleanrooms are primarily employed for production equipment which is sensitive to contaminants, including hard disk drives, silicon chips, microprocessors and integrated circuits. Cleanroom certification comprises examining the room for assorted parameters, including static electricity, airborne particles, relative humidity, temperature and differential pressure.
The assessment is performed to make sure that the room is made in conformity with standards that were stated. Read More
Nov 15, 2016Kathie Kalafatis
Access to a cleanroom is essential for people working in many industries, from component manufacturing to forensics. A modular softwall cleanroom is an affordable yet effective alternative to hardwall or brick and mortar cleanrooms. Read More
Oct 17, 2016Kathie Kalafatis
Space is often at a premium in cleanrooms. As a result, the purchasing and positioning of cleanroom furniture often needs to be planned out meticulously to protect the working environment and ensure accurate project outcomes. The last thing you want is for your furniture to interrupt workflows or risk the introduction of contaminants into your environment. Another important consideration is comfort, especially when you consider the long periods that professionals can spend confined in a cleanroom environment. Read More
Oct 13, 2016Kathie Kalafatis
In order for a pharmacy compounder to safely and properly mix prescriptions according to legal regulations, a compounding cleanroom is required. The
Jul 07, 2016Kathie Kalafatis
When creating a controlled cleanroom environment, it's important to consider every part of the construction carefully, including the walls, ceilings and floors. Cleanroom walls must be able to keep out contaminants, such as airborne particles, as well as allowing you to create an environment where the air flow, temperature and humidity are controlled. Read More
Jun 28, 2016Kathie Kalafatis
Your cleanroom is one of the most important parts of your laboratory. This sterile and safe environment protects your experiments from contamination. To obtain the level of control you need over your cleanroom environment, you need to take extreme care when selecting the materials that compose every aspect of the room, from the floor to the ceiling. Read More